Concepts and Applications of Clinical Pharmacokinetics (ClinPK) 2020
As part of the Skills for Excellence In Science Series (SEXISS), The Global Health and Infectious Diseases Research Group (GHID) at the Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research in Tropical Medicine (KCCR), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) in collaboration with Pharmacometrics Africa, a non-profit company which aims to develop quantitative clinical pharmacology among African scientists, and more generally among pharmacometricians in low and middle-income countries; will be offering a 5-day, Continuous Professional Development (CPD)-eligible workshop in “Concepts and Applications of Clinical Pharmacokinetics” (ClinPK).
ClinPK is an intensive workshop on the basic concepts and real-life pharmaceutical, clinical and research applications of pharmacokinetics for pharmacists, food and drugs regulatory authorities, medical, bio-medical and other health practitioners, graduate students and earlymid career scientists. ClinPK covers the basic concepts of pharmacometrics, physiological aspects of drug absorption, distribution and elimination, clearance concepts in pharmacokinetics, bioavailability among others. The workshop is designed to be immersive, combining rich interactive lectures, case studies with practical sessions delivered by carefully selected faculty, resulting in an improvement in competence especially in research and practice for all committed participants, their host institutions and respective countries. The workshop outline is as follows:
Note the following information covering the ClinPK workshop:
- Dates for ClinPK workshop: Monday – Friday, January 27 – 31, 2020
- Times: 9:00am – 5:00pm on Day 1-4; 9:00am – 12:00pm on Day 5
- Venue: IDL Conference Centre, near KNUST poolside
- Registration opens: Monday, December 15, 2019
- Registration closes: Wednesday, January 15, 2019, 20:00 hrs GMT
- Number of participants: 50 (to allow for optimum hands-on experience and supervision during practical sessions)
- Offer of admission: After review of competitive applications by Workshop Tutors and Organizers
- None refundable registration fee of GHS 150 (applies to only shortlisted applicants).
- Scholarship: Scholarships covering tuition, workshop materials, and feeding will be provided for participants shortlisted to participate in the workshop. In addition to this, subsidies shall be provided for participants to cover their accommodation and local transportation.
- Travel and accommodation: Participants are responsible for organizing their own travel and accommodation. Subsidies will be provided to shortlisted participants for transportation from locations within Ghana to Kumasi, as well as accommodation. Assistance with recommendations for accommodation and other related information shall be available from the organizers.
- Visas: The organizers shall provide support with letters and other documents required by those participants who need to secure visas to travel to Ghana to participate in ClinPK.
The following are the eligibility criteria for applying to participate in the ClinPK workshop:
- Be working or studying in an institution within Africa.
- Have at least a degree in pharmacy, biological sciences, medicine or related discipline or must be involved in work that requires the discipline.
- Be available to participate in the workshop in its entirety. Partial participation will not be permitted.
- Demonstrate that the skills learned will need to be applied immediately or in the very near future as part of work/education.
- Participants will receive a certificate of completion only after having attended at least 90% of the sessions and completing 100% of the assignments.
To register, use the link, https://forms.gle/xug2Lt1RvFKMRSao6.
For further inquiries or information on ClinPK, you may contact the workshop coordinators at the KCCR Global Health and Infectious Diseases Research group via email: email@example.com