CoBReG’s signature activity is its annual convention. Each year, scientists, engineers, and students both in Ghana and abroad meet to interact and share ideas with the aim of building bridges that would move Ghana forward. CoBReG conventions provide a forum for identifying and discussing scientific and public health priorities in order to maximize the benefits of the global biomedical revolution within the local context. Generally, the objectives of our conventions include:
- To help link global technological advances to the opportunities and expertise in Ghana.
- To bring together representatives of healthcare delivery funding initiatives and the Ghanaian biomedical science community.
- To foster collaborations among Ghanaian biomedical scientists both at home and abroad for national benefit.
- To serve as a forum for spawning ideas for postgraduate research projects and to make Ghanaian foreign biomedical scientists accessible to postgraduate students to create supervisory and mentoring relationships.
- To serve as a forum for identifying and discussing the national priorities in order to maximize the benefits of the worldwide biomedical revolution within the Ghanaian context.
- To bring together researchers with first-line access to relevant unexplored pharmacognostic data.
Participation is open to both professionals and students working in any area that has implications for public health.